29.9.08

Cevennes revisited

Somehow the scenery of The Cevennes in France prooved to be a great inspiration for me. I don't know why, but after the first time ever I visited this part of France, I've said that I would come back. A few years after my first visit I did indeed and I had almost the same experience as I've had the first time. Although I traveled in a different 'corner' of the Cevennes, I had the feeling that I've been there before. Just as I had experienced the first time. And now, as I look back at the drawings I made then, just as the one you can see here, it all looks very familiar to me.
Pen and watercolor on 300 grs Canson paper, 30 x 40 cm.

2 comments:

belenenses said...

Hello from the Cevennes! I like your drawings alot. I've just started my own blog from the Cevennes. Find it at:

http://walkingholidaysinfrance.blogspot.com/2008/10/saving-cevennes-railway.html

mcverhoog said...

Thanks for your kind words. I'm sure you have a good time there, in the Cevennes.

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm