26.1.09

Dutch Treat

Last Christmas I made an old Dutch treat: apples baked in puff paste. The recipe is very simple and the result is very sweet and delicious. What does one want more in life?
After removing the skin and core of the apples I've putted a great deal of sugar, cinnamon and raisins into the apples. With almondpaste on top and bottom of the apples I folded the puff paste around it and baked them for about twenty-five minutes in the oven. As allways they were eaten in no-time by family and friends! I only had time to make a quick snapshot of these three. So I must admit I didn't draw this sketch in "real life" but by (digital) photograph. I hope you don't mind and that they look tasteful enough to give you an idea.
In the old days my father always had trouble making these apple bowls in our bakery. Somehow they mostly bursted in the oven because of too much heat and less time, I think. It's important not to have to high temperatures when you put them in the oven. Just give them a little time to get used to the heat. That works best (as with most things).

No comments:

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm