20.1.09

IF - Pale

Me and my good old skates. Too bad the winter seems to have left our country already. It looked so promising about three weeks ago: the whole country was excited to skate on the frozen lakes and ditches where the ice looked strong enough to hold the skaters. It was one big party on the ice. One night I went skating with my neighbour enlightend by nothing more than the pale moonlight. Such a great experience: skating in the (almost) dark. Too bad our wives couldn't come with us that evening. Perhaps we have to wait for another twelve years before we can skate again out in the open...

4 comments:

Maldito Columpio said...

nice sketch!
I wanna go skating rigth now, eventhough last time I've tried I almost break my legs. :)

screamy mimi said...

I really like the line work in the shading.

Timothy Hunt said...

Nice drawing. I was skating on the canal with my kid's class. We have an 8km long canal in Ottawa and it is very cold.

mcverhoog said...

Thanks for your nice comments and for visiting my blog.

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm