27.4.09

Hard work

Last week I was very busy with maintaining jobs in and around our house and garden. Spring is coming, I guess you know what I mean by that. So there wasn't very much time left to make my usual amount of drawings.
In the very rare spare moments I had during the nights, I've been busy sketching a new piece for my homepage. I had that "splendid" idea to make a drawing that linked on the drawing which can be seen for the past two years on my homepage. I actually didn't believe it was already two years ago I opened my website. Time flies when you'r having fun, so to say.
Anyway, to make a long story short, the sketch became a bit of a pain in the ass, because somehow halfway the first sketch something about the perspective angle didn't feel right. So I made another sketch, and another sketch, and another one, only to end up at the first sketch again. Then I realised that the small mistake I made just gives this drawing its character. Now I only have to make a few typographical adjustments and ink and color it. I'll keep you informed about the progress on this one.

2 comments:

marsjan said...

I like this! Very good and so is your whole blog! Groet Marjan.

mcverhoog said...

Dank je voor je commentaar Marjan, trouwens, ik vind jouw "Angsthaan" erg leuk! Ga zo door met "schrijven als een wijf"!

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm