7.4.09

Illustration Friday Talisman

It took me a while to find "the model" for this week's topic on Illustration Friday. A few years ago a fellow paraglider gave me an Italian talisman for paragliders: the "Madonna del buon volo". That's Italian for: "The Holy Mother Of The Good Flights". It says nothing about safe landings...
Because I'm not at all superstituous I've put it away and never thought of it again (and still made some pretty good flights, by the way). Until I read the topic of this week on the site of Illustration Friday and remembered that talisman. I've searched everywhere, until I discovered it hung right before my eyes: on the statue of the Madonna and holy child in our toilet. You probably wonder why that statue is placed in our toilet, but that's quite a long story and far off this week's topic on the Illustration Friday challenge.

6 comments:

Candace Trew Camling said...

this is a wonderful piece! Love it, and the style!

INDIGENE said...

Remarkable style and great techniques used!

Rosalia Lerner said...

great work...

studio lolo said...

terrific concept and line drawing! I won't even ask about the "lady of the loo!"

mcverhoog said...

@all: thanx for your comments.
@lolo: the lady of the loo sends her regard!

Unknown said...

the toilet's as good a place as any. reminded me of http://ellisnadler.blogspot.com/2008/11/thrse-of-lisieux.html

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm