10.4.12

Spareribs

Sometimes you make associations with the most unlikely combination of subjects. For example, I always associate spareribs with "the date that never took place".
In my dating years there were girls I was dying to date with, but they never wanted to date me, and there were girls dying to date me, but I didn't really want to date them. And there was the category of girls which you could date without ever having to fear your friends or parents opinion about your choice. In that last category I was almost ready to cancel a date when suddenly that girl introduced me to a friend of her to participate in a nice friendly night out with some sparerib-eating and later on hanging out in a new club with a somewhat obscure name. That could be interesting!
Sadly enough I developed a terrible cold a few days before the date, so I had to cancel it. Guess what: the girl met the love of her life that night! Poor, lonesome me. So, every time we have spareribs on the menu now it's always a bite with a funny taste.

No comments:

Driving Home For Christmas

 Pen and pencil, 140 x 210 mm